Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Shopping Therapy

Well, I didn't get the job. I took the phone call this morning while I was out with John to breakfast at this new 50's diner joint next to my gym. I wish I could say I was brave and blah blah and took my rejection with pride and elegance. Nope. I cried into my coffee. It wasn't scene-making sobbing, but even the waitress noticed my tears and [smartly] did not say anything about it.

We had a few errands to run, so while John drove I got myself together and texted the handful of friends/family that knew I was up for another job. My words sounded braver and more hopeful than I truly felt, though.

We stopped in to Target, and we always browse in the electronics department. John found "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" on blu-ray for $4.48, which he was pretty excited about. I wandered down where the fitness accessories were, and to my surprise found something that would make my day a little better.

It's the Fitbit Zip! Normally $59.99 at Target (or close in price online if you buy new in box), I found this model, the blue one, on a price break of $35.97!! (Oddly, the pink and black ones were not on a price break) That's cheaper than I even found them online USED!

I haven't opened it yet, but I am going to as soon as I'm don here and mess with it. If I like it, I may pick up a second one, to either sell or possibly gift to one of my fitness buddies, maybe even my mother-in-law? I dunno, but that's a SUPER AWESOME price! (Even at Target.Com all models are still $60!)

So, life handed me lemons, and I clearly wanted oranges. But I am going to squeeze the lemon juice in the eyes of the company that passed me up, and move on with my life. This had only made me more ferocious to find something and show them my full potential.

Today's video: a Kelly Clarkson song that can serve as my theme right now....



1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that Julie. You are right though, time to prove to them how much they missed out on. Everything happens for a reason and perhaps it means there is a better opportuinity out there for you.

    Awesome fitness tool, dezpite the fact that I have no idea what it does, it looks snazzy!

    ReplyDelete