Sunday, May 20, 2012

LoseIt.Com and whatevers.

So, I'm 25 now. Nothing magical happened on my birthday except an awesome night with the hubbster, roomie, Pops and Deb, and Mother-In-Law. It was a nice night fo' sho.


I never got to go to the Keys to do my OW SCUBA certification... turns out that was the same weekend we had freak Florida-Summer-Weather and so it was badly storming on that part. That story should be a whole other post, however I'm feeling kinda down about it still. So I'll just overview it. Basically our useless instructor canceled the dives due to weather and I have yet to hear from him to reschedule. I mean, actually he called once, with 2 days notice to go but I had to work. So, I'll be rejoining the shop on one of their checkout dives and hopefully in June I'll be certified.


So, that being all said and done. What am I posting about today? Well, I made a step in the right direction and joined LoseIt.Com. I had the app on my Kindle Fire, but the website gives me access to forums, support, and lots of other cool features. I track my food habits and see how much I blow out of proportion, and then look at my lack of exercise and feel bad about myself.

It's only been 3 days since I did the website registration, I have made 2 friends. Hopefully seeing their eating activities and seeing their exercise stuff will motivate me to do the same. I'll also be linking this blog up to the sight so my friends can go a little deeper in my mind. ("Inception: Food Edition" LOLOL)


I also plan to have an entry before work today about the "light" menus at restaurants. And how ridiculous it is to have a 500-calorie, giant-sized plate and try to call it "light". I mean I get that a regular menu item may be upwards of 1000 calories sometimes, but 500?! That's still terrible! I hardly eat out anymore as it is, but last night I enjoyed time out with my lady-friends from work. And I'd like to do it more, but I can't pussy out and not eat anything.



Anyway, I'm gonna end this. I'm gonna stretch and go for a 2-mile walk before it gets ungodly hot outside (although at 8am in Florida the humidity makes everything sticky!). Catch ya on the flipside!




It was the perfect day
What I'd give if I could find a way to stay
Lost in this moment now
Ain't worried about tomorrow when
When you're busy livin, feels like dreamin, slowly drifting, through this perfect day.
-Perfect Day, Lady Antebellum

No comments:

Post a Comment