Friday, July 18, 2014

Weekly Motivational #1

You know what happens every time, you get a new car and all of a sudden everyone else and their mother has the EXACT SAME CAR???!?!

They say pregnancy is like that too, but I wouldn't know about that one.

What I do know, is that I have felt the pains of failure in my fitness and food life lately, and it seems many of the women I follow in blog-land have too. July has been the month of set-backs and lost motivation, and we are all trying to dig our way out.

So, once a week (hopefully on Fridays), I am going to post a motivational blog. It might just be a picture, or a quote, or something I found on Pinterest. It may be a health article, or a recipe for something new, or maybe just a shout out to my own accomplishment for the week.

The point is, I lost my will to get fit, lost my willpower against my favorite foods (Yup, I ate 2 bags of cereal in less than 5 days. TWO.) But I see now that I'm not going to find that willpower anywhere but inside of myself. It's not on the shelf, not lost in my purse. It's not inside Amy, although she is a great reflection of my subconscious and that's a scary and yet comforting thought. (<3 U!)

My will to move on, move forward, and get back on track is within me. So, I expect tears of refusal and child-like tantrums of "I DON'T WANNA!!", but I also expect to "suck it up buttercup" and make the best of what I have. After all, I'm relatively young, healthy, and have the ability to control my outcome. And my outcome is a bikini. Or at least a flattering sundress!

So, in honor of the first Motivational....


1 comment:

  1. I was so happy to see your blog post!!!!

    You have such a good point to take it one day at a time. I tend to try and do it all and then overwhelm myself with failure! Not good for the mojo.

    There is a whole blog link up called "motivational Monday" and every week I intend to sign up and forget! One of these Monday's I will.

    ReplyDelete